In the SELENA movie did Jennifer Lopez lipsynch when she performed the concert scenes?
I was just wondering that if in the Selena movie if Jennifer Lopez lipsynched or if she actually sang Selena's songs. I have been wondering about this for a long time, but I have never gotten around to asking about it. In my opinion, if Jennifer would have actually sang Selena's songs, she wouldn't have done them justice or done Selena justice for that matter. Is there any factual evidence that proves if she did or not? Anything you have to say will help me, thanks.
- she sang them her self
- i think that she lipsynched Selena's songs. they just didn't sound like Jennifer Lopez. Selena had such a great voice. also see amazon.com -- other people also said that Lopez lipsynched: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/6304584229/ref=cm_rev_sort/002-3562654-4673669?customer-reviews.sort_by=byExactRating_2&s=dvd&x=3&y=2
- They used Selenas voice recordings!
- I've never seen the movie, but why would she lipsynche in a movie if she can sing perfectly?? If she did, that'd be pretty stupid. But I don't know for sure, like I said, never saw the movie.
- dude do you even have to ask
- YES THAT WAS J LO SINGING ALL SELENA SONGS...SHE DID A GOOD JOB...I SHOULD KNOW SHES MY SECOND COUSIN...
- ur not the only one wonderin' about it... but i cant say if she did or didnt...coz i dont know...
- When 'Jennifer Lopez' signed on to be Selena, she expected to be providing her own vocals. But it was felt that since the movie would be released so soon after Selena's death her fans would not approve of hearing any voice other than hers. So Lopez was coached to lip-sync instead of being provided the vocal coaching she expected. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120094/trivia ********************************** Although Ms. Lopez sings, the filmmakers used the real Selena on the soundtrack and Ms. Lopez had to lip-sync. Was she disappointed that she didn't get the opportunity to use her own voice? "Yes and no. Yes, because I would have loved to be able to do it. And no, because it lifted a huge amount of pressure off my shoulders. I had one less thing to worry about," she said. "I knew about Selena before I did the movie. I had heard her music on the radio ... and seen her on television. I think she was great. But I never met her in person." http://www.s-t.com/daily/03-97/03-22-97/b03ae069.htm
- Before the movie first came out Abraham Quintanilla(Selena's dad)Had done in interview with Cristina Sarleji(talk show host)And said that Jennifer would lip synch the songs sung at the Houston astrodome(her last concert)But the other songs she would sing but her voice would be adjusted(don't know the technical word) to sound like Selena.He also let Jennifer watch home videos of Selena, so that she can copy her gestures etc...
- Jennifer Lopez lipsynched during the movie. Jennifer can not sing as good as Selena. That was all Mrs Selena Q Perez. Nobody could ever sing as good as Selenas own songs. But Jennifer did a wonderful job playing Selena. I miss you Selena Sing with the angels RIP Selena Quintanilla Perez Como La Flor
Powered by Yahoo! Answers